Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 3, 2014

The Most Common Poem

Hey I heard you like slam poetry, so I took your slam and made a slam out of your slam so I can slam my slam while slammin your slam. Coo

The Most Common Poem

So how many people are gonna complain about fitting in?
And how many times am I gonna meet them with a grin?
I’m not worried about matching their circular logic
I’m a triangle so sharp that I’ll pierce that toxic
Robotic hypnotic drone groan
You can’t be grown till you grow up
The mere sight of your face makes me throw up
I’ve had enough
Of your close minded opinions
Assuming those are even your thoughts you’re thinkin
Or are you drinking from the same bottle
That throttles society, intellectuality
If not then stop me
Cause all I’ve been hearing lately
Is just how bad your self-entitled lives have been daily
And call me crazy, cause how can’t I be
When every single day’s about “me, me, ME”
There’s a fine line between genius and lunacy
And trust me when I say that you’re usually
The latter, stuck on the ladder to fame
Because apparently stupid’s the name of the game
When every dope, dingbat, dolt, and dork
Get’s 20 million hits on youtube for pokin his eye out with a fork
See I’m at the fork, between shoot me now and call me a clown
Since in this town, if you can’t beat’em join em
I get a buzz whenever I write this poem
Cause you see, I’ve said this hundreds of times before
There’s no limit to the lines that I can link
To the crimes of a generation that never thinks
And I apologize to the special few
Who don’t huff and puff the dead brain fumes
Who live in the empty rooms where humans once were
All we have left now are animals with less fur
And if you said that you concur
Congratulations, I applaud you sir
For being a survivor
A striver, a strider
Spreading the wings of intelligence wider
You, make our future brighter
As for the rest of the lot
The thoughtless and think-nots
I’ve got… nothing left to say to you
Nothing to say for you, adieu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts