Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Awkward

Oh but wait! There's more! Poetic self-descriptive literary perspective... yeah that sounds good. Let's go with that.

Awkward

Awkward
Even the way I say it is awkward
Awkward has a hard name, a hard face
And a difficult place
Sometimes even no place
I’ve known awkward since the day I was born
We were raised together
We lived together
Chances are… we’ll die together
Now I love awkward
More than awkward will ever know
But awkward is difficult
Uncompromising and unwilling
Awkward is afraid
Of learning what it means to be a person
Awkward will try to shelter me from pains that I can’t see
And people that I can’t meet
Awkward holds me
Limp and lifeless in arms that are tender and warm
But quivering and trembling under their own weight
I bear things for awkward
Hoping, that awkward can bear me
But even I can see
That awkward wants me to be free
Awkward wants me to live my own life
Without strife
Without struggle and burden
And even when awkward’s hurtin
I can feel the push
Not away
But toward brighter days and better ways of living
Of existing
While I may always return home to the corner that awkward and I own
I still leave, awkward and all… alone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts