Total Pageviews

Friday, February 21, 2014

Thanks

Folks if you learn anything from reading my stuff, which you may or may not, let it be this... don't get hooked on someone. Unless you know for sure you're going to get a return on your investment of time and pain, don't keep beating the dead horse.

Thanks

I’m thankful that you even bother to put up with me
I know I probably get on your nerves daily
I’m sorry for this mess I’ve made
It was a scary game and I still played
You told me no from the start
But I still tried to win your heart
I let you play
And that’s okay
Because it’s who you are
You never took it too far
I let my doubts get the best of me
I worried and stressed unnecessarily
Then I made it an issue
I somehow forgot that it was just you being you
That’s not okay
Although I mean it everytime I say
That I like you for you
I have an unconditional affection for everything you do
I find it ironic or somewhat absurd
That I’m the exact kind of guy that isn’t preferred
I use my words to say the same thing many ways
And most days
You’d rather call me a liar anyways
I tell you about my feelings, my attractions
But I know it means nothing without any actions
And I’m too afraid to make a move
Just to prove
That I really like you
I’m sorry but it’s true
I know I won’t change your mind
I think you might also find
It’s equally difficult to change mine
And try as I might
My heart won’t give up the fight
I still think of you as my light
But it’s getting awfully clear
That whenever you’re near
You’d rather I just stop
Just give up
I’m sorry I’m so emotional
So timid, yet devotional
Each new line I write makes me feel colder
I wish sometimes I was a bit bolder
It hurts to realize somethings
But It’s better this way... despite how much it stings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts