Total Pageviews

Friday, July 4, 2014

Sound

Inner deep philosophy and mostly just a mish mash of verbal irony. Words.

Sound

Listen… can you hear it?
Amidst the thunder and quakes in your head
Can you dissolve the storm instead?
Listen… she speaks... calm... collected
The traces of an invective loose and free on her tongue
“No, I don’t li-… I can’t... I won’t… go out with you”
Did you hear? The truth trailing behind her as she flees
The breeze that cuts the skin
The air that holds me afloat
The clouds are not under my feet anymore
Listen… the wind speaks softly, mellow and tender
As I surrender myself to it’s embrace
The shadows of a face are erased from my mind
Can you hear? The sound?
As the ground continues to shake
My body aches, the weight dragging me lower
Deeper into void and abyss
Bliss… kiss… it was only a kiss
There was no time stopping, second-to-hour firework popping
I couldn’t hear it… Only the sound of the earth splitting
Fissions, the division of my body from hers
But no, it was me… I moved first
I pulled away
I had not the strength to stay
As my body falls into decay
I lay in the clouds, not on top
I lay in the water particles, storms forming
Electrical fires burning
Sweat, wet, and yet… still alive
Here the air was fresh and I could hear the sound
Not the pounding in my chest,
Not ground writhing in protest
No, I could hear that voice
Not the wind, not the air, and not me
Free… It sounded like being free

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts