Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

By The Water's Edge (THE POEM)

Don't you love when old ideas spur new ones? That's pretty much why I wrote this (arguably) better version of By The Water's Edge. *Same girl

By The Water's Edge (The Poem)

I really care about you
Yeah right, you just want to get in my skirt
No really, I love you so much
I refuse, I won’t allow myself to get hurt
But would it hurt to try?
Why? All you do is lie
I mean what I say
Then why pick someone as broken as me?
You’re not that broken, okay?
Keep dreaming, you’ll wake up someday
Maybe, but this dream is a risk I’m willing to take
Call me back when there’s less heartbreak
Can I call you now?
How is that less?
You’re the first step to progress
You’re cheating
It’s what boys do
Doesn’t that hurt what you’re trying to prove?
I’m trying a different view
Yeah, well did you get a good look? Cause that’s all you’re getting
Or not, isn’t there something you’re forgetting?
What that you’re stubborn as hell and won’t leave me alone?
There’s nothing fun about being alone and being prone to fear taking chances
Well maybe I’m not interested in your advances
Well it’s not an advance, it’s more like an inviting hand
What makes you think I’ll take it?
I don’t, but I also don’t plan to quit
This fish doesn’t want to get hooked
That’s fine, I’m not fishing
Then I don’t get what it is that you’re wishing
I’m wishing to see this pretty fish at least once in awhile, just to see her dance in the water as I watch and smile
But what if you fall? You’re dreams can’t keep you afloat and you might drown
I don’t care, dying with a smile is better than with a frown
You’re crazy
Nah, I’m just lazy, it’s easier to maintain my own ideals than to change to someone else’s
But if the whole world did believe...
Then I’d rather not be alone while I grieve for it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts